Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jnovipea/public_html/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Colin's meeting notes
L*
Gianfar General
  
  Rules
     Summary
     Visitors
     Estate and Sim
     RolePlay
     Dress
     Website Rules
  
  About The Peaks
     Roles
     Rentals
     Notices
     Events
     Story Lines
  
  Dragons of Pern
     About DoP
  
  Friends & Associates
     Grendel's
     Isle of Wyrms
     NCI
  
  Helpful Toys
     Time Zones

* Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Sunday Meeting notes are here!

Know something we ought to talk about? An idea, a suggestion, a complaint... add it to the Agenda thread, or contact Vee inworld. Even if you can't make the meeting, we'll discuss anything relevant. (And usually a few things that aren't.)

Recent stories:

Some items may be for registered players only, sorry


Login with username, password and session length

Topic: Colin's meeting notes  (Read 15070 times)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print

*Colin

Reply #30 on: July 01, 2018, 03:10:54 PM Colin's meeting notes - book 31

  • Member
  • Posts: 63
  • Logged
[Continued in book 32]

2018-09-30

Finances
   Vee: "now *very* good. banked my first paycheck from the new job on Friday, paid full sim tier Saturday."

Meeting timing for next week
   The new [Dr.] Who is being simulcast on BBC1 & BBCA next Sunday at 1:45 ET, aka 10:45 SLT, so next week's open meeting will convene at 10am, and RP class will be cancelled.

Gather planning
   Discussed the play that Liriel's writing about the landing on our island. Invited Vee to run some on-sim RP classes.

RP: What a Tangle
Plan A: Gather planning RP
    Starting Point: Runner Course, Tyl (212,38,25)
    Go over runner races again
    Talk about play
Plan B (time permitting):  Arriving at the landing at the top of the stairs near Weaver Hall.
    Start @: Kuma (8,148,9)
    Flits generate chaos in Weaver Hall: Flits cause havoc in Weaver Hall, going after shiny shuttles, threads, causing general chaos.


2018-09-23

Finances
   Vee has landed a job. So the sims are secure again, just in time for the full-sim tier to be due.

Gather planning
   Discussed the runner race course... adding 'hazards' like livestock on the course, adding steeplechase gates. Discussed doing a (very amateur style) play about the founding of Gianfar.
 
RP - Gather Together to Plan a Gather
Starting point:
Runner Course, Tyl (212,38,25)
THEN Gather Planning Room (and other points, as needed) Kuma (8,112,77)

Plan A:    
        Plan for the gather (again)
            Race courses
            Second Landing Play
Plan B:
        Complain about planning for the gather (again)


2018-09-16

Finances
   Aren't great, but HS tiers did get paid. Full tiers aren't due until after Vee should know if she has a job.

Gather planning
   Discussed how to run a long event with a very small staff; how to have us playing different parts in different scenes; how to manage runner and dragon races; maybe a Dolphin Day; and so forth. Should have an opening ceremony, as was done in Opening Gather.

RP
   Devoted the RP-planning session and the RP time to Gather planning. Ardrhys and Una will be about a half hour late to today's RP session.


2018-09-09

Finances
   Short term, remains good. Longer term, stay tuned.

Gather planning
   The dance floor in front of Harpers has been expanded, and many Gather stalls and the like have been erected. We're definitely asking the Hatchies to come raid; cookies and a chance to play with flamethrowers should do it. The Companions (from the "Firefly" TV series and the "Serenity" movie) are interested. We surely want to invite Isle of Wyrms. Could we set up tours of our sites, either a general tour or separate tours for each region? Vee will discuss inviting NCI folks; they might put up an info booth. And of course, Pandora... ikran/dragon races?  

RP
   Gather Planning 1
Starting Point:  Runner's Rest
   Plan:  Meet at the Rest - then walk over to the gather area and then go into the Hold for a planning session. What would your character be wanting to do / how would they be contributing to a meeting held at the Hold, for planning a Gather?


2018-09-02

Finances
   Short-term, Full-sim tiers were paid last week, and Vee paid up all our ads last night. The other 4 sims are covered this month.
   However, Vee's out of work again and can't guarantee the next full-sim tier, due 9/28, unless she picks up some freelance work this week, or gets an offer.

Sci-Fi Con
   Neither Jade nor Vee has heard a word from the Sci-Fi Alliance in ages, and Ari & Senet appear to be AWOL. So, regretfully, we're putting our plans for the con on hold, until we hear more - or don't.

Gather
   We're now one of the oldest continuously-open roleplay sims in SL. 10 years open (since Sep 6, 2008), and few sims survive their first year... that deserves celebrating! Let's make Gather preparations part of our rp in the weeks leading up to it. We should look for participation by other groups, especially Isle of Wyrms, our 'parent' group. When? Maybe a long Gather, ending on November 21 with Anne's memorial service.

Rule change tabled till next week

Building on Flit Island
   jAde (txep's new character, a weaver) would like to reside on the island, in one of the existing caves, with minimal furniture and weaving tools. Vee approved that.

Harper area in Weyr
   Vee's agreed that the Harpers can establish a few rooms in the Weyr. Some of us did a quick tour after the OOC meeting.  

RP
   Gianfar Place
    Starting Point: The Weyr (Dining Cavern)
        Plan A: Now that the Harper quarters allocated by the Weyr have been refurbished,  general fall cleaning (haha) and Weyr maintenance required by all can commence.  Looking for repair needed for any damage, or wear/tear the Weyr suffered. Checking condition of tapestries, ramps, storage areas and dragon bathing areas.  
        Plan B: Investigate the general state of the Weyr:
            Look for signs of damage from activities of the dissenters, and the refugees from up north who stayed during the winter.
            Follow up on the old, rabble-rousing songs the Harpers encountered (disloyal songs).
 

2018-08-26

Finances
   Short term, still good. All tiers for this month are covered.  

Gianfar 10th anniversary Gather
   It's just about time. Ideas? Pictures of the island in days gone by? Timeline of the major changes? Discussion to be continued... but next week's Labor Day weekend so might have to continue it again.

RP
   "Flitting off to Class"
Starting Point:  Fisher Hall
   Qat gets confusing information from the dolphins of someone out in the water, an island, where is this person? Who are they? She reports what she keeps hearing. Those who are around talk about it, trying to figure it out. Leading up to a more developed story around Firelizard island.


2018-08-19

Finances
   Finances are still good, HS tiers were paid on schedule, full & Rastaban tiers are covered. Vee will probably miss RP today, and next Saturday and Sunday will miss all but the OOC meeting.

RP
   20180819 - Hazards on the Western Road
Starting Point: Thread Safe # 47
Shaula (24,247,23)
   Plan A: An Investigative Team (on runner-beasts, with no/few wagons) is in trouble. thread-fall imminent and their planned for (thread) safe is blocked!
     1)     The party was traveling to inspect the thread safes along the west coast of the isthmus.
     2)     The entrance is blocked.
   Plan B: There is a cache of contraband, inside.
   Any holders/crafters who want to participate, or any dragon/rider pairs who wish to come to the rescue, are more than welcome.


2018-08-12

Finances
   Still good; tiers are covered through the end of the month.

Rules
   No one's posted replies to the proposed rule (on the Web site in Forum -> Prattle in the Peaks -> Membership -> Proposed new multi-PC rule). Will the rule pass by a vote of 3 to 0, in a group with over 200 members?

RP
   Investigative Reporting:  rp scenario 12 Aug 2018
Starting Point: Thuban at the location of the collapsed safe, which is now Safe #300

Plan:  
>We meet at the "old" safe site which is now site 300
>Apprentices who were sent to other Safe sites have turned in reports
>We discuss what was found at each, namely that some were found to be tampered with.
How, how badly, evidence of by whom?, more investigation needed?, etc.

> Future plan:  This will lead us to ask the Weyr for assistance to do a couple site visits in a 7 day or so.  Does the damage of safes tie in to the Veekar story? How and what do we do about it?  


2018-08-05

Finances
   Short-term are good. All tiers for the next month are covered. Medium-term, Vee's interviewing again. She'll be unavailable for most of this week.

New member
   Misty (mistymorningsw) just joined us. She's read all the books and will be exploring the island.

Rules
http://www.novipeaks.com/public/index.php?topic=546.msg2308
Some of the points brought up during the discussion: Alts are separate SL accounts and so are considered to be separate people within this rule. (We don't ask whether a new member is an alt of an existing one.) ... Two players, each with a rider and a dragon character, could be one another's partner (A could ride B at one time, B could ride A at another time); but one's rider couldn't ride one's dragon. ... NPC dragons may NOT fly Thread in RP. ... Watch the Forums for more discussion, and we'll continue this in the next meeting(s).

RP
   Discussed how to have places for RP meetings and the like, vs. private places. It hasn't been clear what Weyr and Hold areas are available. (Del's 'office' now has lockable door curtains; that scripting could be used by anyone as a 'Keep Out' sign.) All admin weyrs - excepting the one marked 'SECRET BIOLAB, KEEP OUT!' - are available for RP, that's one of the conditions weyr admins agree to - IC weyrs that can be used for RP when not otherwise in use.
   20180805 - When is a Safe Safe?
Starting Point: Del’s Office in the Weyr (just off the ground level entrance to the dining cavern)

Plan A: Go over the initial reports of additional thread safe damage.
     Map out the damaged locations.
     Dispatch investigative teams.
     Talk over options/differences/similarities.

Plan B: Threadfall


2018-07-29

Finances
   Vee: "The Full sim tiers got paid this morning, I just saw the notices."

New rules
   Vee wrote up the new rule Sunday but her Internet went down before she could post it; and she's been buried in RL all week. She planned to get it onto the website this afternoon.
 
News
   The first computer program - written by Countess Ada Lovelace for Babbage's Analytical Engine, in around 1843 - has been sold for $150,000.  It was an algorithm for the Engine to compute Bernoulli numbers.

RP
   RP: 20180729 - The Words, Like Butter
Continuing the story line from the last two weeks, we'll have traveled to the Weyr on our way to the Hold, spreading the word about the vandalism to the shelter cave.

Starting Point: Weyr
     Plan A: Reporting to Weyr and Hold Representatives about Thread Safe # 298's apparent vandalism
          A)     Report to higher ups
          B)     Harper investigations/interrogations
     Plan B: Threadfall!


2018-07-22

Finances
   Vee: "I still have a job - although the commute is still a killer - so we're still here. Upcoming full-sim tiers, due on the 28th, are covered."  Adboard payments are to be done today.

Rule changes
   Tabled till next week.  

Main & RP meeting times
   We decided to change the meeting schedule because we've been accomplishing little before Vee arrived. New schedule for Sunday:
10:00-10:45   RP Planning meeting (moved from Saturday in Harpers' Hall to Sunday in Hold Council Chamber)
10:45-11:30   OOC meeting
12:00-13:00   Vee's RP Basics class
14:00-16:00   RP

RP - continuing last week's episode:
   20180722 - The Trouble with Rubble
Starting Point:Thread Stop # 298 (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Thuban/131/90/26)

Plan A:
          Further debris removal and shoring up of the Thread Stop to return it to usefulness.
Plan B:
          Investigation of the cause.
                    Discovery of an unexplained object.
                    Suspicion and Harper investigation.


2018-07-15

Finances
   Vee: "I'm very happy to report that all the bills got paid, and the lower HS tier was very nice... Oh, and I got all our ads paid up last night. "

Rule change
   Vee "was thinking of something like this...
An avatar may have up to 3 main characters. One crafter/holder/lower caverns, one rider/candidate, and one dragon. If an avatar has both a crafter and one or both Weyr characters, the Weyr characters may not take part in Craft roleplay - this includes cross-crafting - except with admin approval. A dragon may not pair with the same avatar's rider. Dragons and riders are (still) required to be paired and to undergo training, of course. How does that sound?"
   [Dutch: per AVATAR, not per PERSON, then.]
   "Per LL rules, we don't try to find out who's an alt of whom. If you don't declare your alt to me, we don't know about it. But anyone who is idiot enough to both ride and fly during a Fall deserves all the crashes they'll get. So yes, per avatar. No playing more than 1 character *at the same time* on the same account."
   A long discussion followed, until Vee's ISP crashed her. Upon returning, she continued, "Before I was so rudely interrupted, I was going to say I'll post something on the website for discussion, later today. And if we all agree next week & online, and Wyn buys into it, we can change the rules. If not, we'll keep talking."

RP
   RP: 20180714 - On the Road Again
Starting Point: Thread Stop # 298 (Thuban (131,90,26))

This builds off some of the discussions in last week's RP as well (so, continuity and all that). The beastherd being delivered also dates back to two weeks' ago RP, wherein there was a side discussion with the traders about bringing a herd north.

Plan A:
     Work party is repairing/expanding a Thread Safe Stop, to better serve the needs of Gianfar. As a trader train approaches with more workers, and a herd of beasts destined for the north, a Weyrling (or two) drop in to see what’s going on.
     This is an accidental disturbance.
     Chaos breaks loose, as the beasts stampede at the dragon’s approach.
     We have to gather up all the beasts, and the draybeasts.

Plan B:
    Injuries


2018-07-08

Finances
   Vee: "All the tiers are paid up to date, and upcoming tiers are covered for the next month. It's so good to be able to say that.
   "I'm probably going to be unavailable midweek for the next few weeks, although I *should* respond to IMs. That's RL. But I should be free at weekends, still."

Weyr policies
   We're trying to reawaken the Weyr. Dutch posed a question: "Do we want to move towards a player being both dragon AND rider, in RP, as opposed to a pair (rider and dragon)? This would be a reaction to lower attendance. It seems to work, for Mish." Vee replied, " I've been thinking about that for a while... I'm ok with players playing both Rider and Dragon, without using alts, as long as they aren't their own dragonpair. I'm even open to allowing people to play Rider, Dragon and/or Craft/Hold, but there'd have to be a restriction, like the Rider can't play in scenes outside the Weyr other than Threadfall, or something. But I'd like to maintain the rule where every dragon applicant must have a rider, and vice versa, and I'd like to maintain Search and Impression, if possible."

RP
   This is kinda planned to accommodate as many Weyr folk, holders AND crafters, as would like to participate.

20180708 - Where in the Weyr.....
   Starting Point: The Weyr - a conference room:  Shaula (88,208,47). This is the same room in which Theman had his 'trial'. It can be reached on foot from the Bowl, so it's easy to assume that visitors could get to it. It is 'above' the blacksmith who's working in the bowl. On the west (Kuma) side of the Bowl, to the right of the waterfall, is a disk of stone; a stair/ramp leads up from there to a ledge; the meeting room is just inside the entrance from that ledge.
   We were thinking about it as a logistics discussion among the Weyr.  Do they have the resources to cover more holds etc.? And recall, not only did Gianfar gain a 6th sim, in SL, but we also expanded/are working on expanding a cot hold, in RP (last week), so we also see this as timely.
   Vee: So, do we want to be Riders & lower caverns folk?
   Dutch: We would like to see not only riders and Weyrfolk, but also holders and crafters - the ornerier the better. Of course, each person can best decide who they want to be, and what position they wish to espouse.
   Vee: Hmm, interesting protocol point... Hold expansion is technically a Hold matter, but if the Weyr wanted to discuss it, then the meeting would be in the Weyr, because the Weyrleader outranks the Holder... but in the event of a dispute, the Conclave would have to be called to decide, and that's the Weyr, Hold and Craft leadership.

Plan A: Expansions of holds and halls - strategize on support for expanded coverage
     Weyr arguments:
          Those FOR and AGAINST hold / cot expansions
          Worries over dwindling resources/queen not rising/etc
     HOLD arguments:
          Worries on how the Weyr will protect Gianfar with limited/reduced resources

Plan B: Threadfall


2018-07-01

Finances
    Vee: "Are suddenly good, I'm glad to say. All tiers are up to date, all ads paid up. All tiers for this month are covered. But please don't let that stop you paying rent or making donations."

Rastaban
   Our 6th Region is now up!
   Vee: "Today's the last day LL will sell Openspace sims to private owners. And they're dropping the tier on them to US$60 from tomorrow. So Wyn & I agreed to get one and fill in that hole south of Kuma. As we discussed last week. There's a few differences with Rastaban, because it's an OS... I can't deed the land to NoviPeaks. OS's aren't supposed to be used for anything except scenery and channels for light traffic, so they come with 1 parcel owned by the sim owner. So only Estate managers will have power in Rastaban, until I can script something. I did install a Greeter there, and the music stream setter (oh, and fixed the other Greeter systems), and put in the 1000m ceiling. [The fixes will] make sure [visitors] get the warnings, but I need to roll out the new Greeter code with the Experiences & height-related messaging soon. And add the ban/eject/return capability I'm testing on Tyl to Rastaban asap."

RP
   Dutch: The current RP storyline "involves an EXPANSION of a cot-hold in the vast Gianfar interior (near the coast). Details as:

RP: 20180610/17/24/07-02 - This Old Hold
Starting Point: Tannercraft Cothold (NW Tyl) (Tyl (34,185,24))
Plan A:     Working to improve Seaview cot into a larger cot/minor hold
     ) A trader is falsely accused of cheating
     ) Opposition to founding a new (minor) hold/improving a cot?

Plan B:
     ) Spread rumors/lies/wild speculation (as always)
     ) Arguments AGAINST expanding the cot.

This 'stage' was set over the past few weeks (tannercraft cot) - please at least do a fly by - it's quite elaborate. Kudos to Una L for her hard work in rezzing and clicking and arguing with us all!"

SL15B
   Vee: "Normal Hold service will resume next week, but today I have to help a cake fall down... (you're all invited, btw. 4pm, SL15B Magnificent (100,29,27).
   "I'd just like to thank Jade & Wyn for their work on our SLB exhibit. I was there yesterday, and we had a constant stream of visitors for the half-hour I was there, often bypassing other exhibits to look in ours. Also, Jade's Pandora Home Tree sim's exhibit (mostly built by Pat, I believe) was featured on the SLB home page."

Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 02:36:15 PM by Colin

View Profile

*Colin

Reply #31 on: October 07, 2018, 02:38:35 PM Colin's meeting notes - book 32

  • Member
  • Posts: 63
  • Logged
[Continued in book 33]

2019-01-13

Finances
   All bills paid to date, but we'll probably miss the HS tier on the 15th. (Good time to feed the donation boxes!) However... Vee may have landed a job. And the company's already volunteered (without being asked) to give her a paycheck before she starts work!

Turnover Gather
   Vee: "Big pat on the back to all of us for a successful Turnover!" We used the craft hall, freshly decorated. Shanna and Liriel provided medieval/Renaissance dance animations. Members and guests had a good time.

3500 rebuilding
   Former Gather islands, at 3500 meters above Shaula, are being rebuilt as a bit of the Southern continent. The new members from the Companions group will have lived there 'forever.' Brittany: "We started laying in prims for hold and covered docks area. Feel free to wander, mind the sim crossings as I've not put in all the supports along the pier as yet. Feel free to IM me or my builder Mist (Melissah Mistwalker)."

RP
   RP today is the initial integration work, for the Companions, joining Gianfar, and is designed to support their backstory.

"Barney Millcrafter, CSI"
Starting Point: Fisher's Hall - the (exterior) Wharf
Kuma (84,242,24)

    Plan A:
        Apprehension of several people, attempting to stow away on a ship, in a sneaky fashion.
            They were asking strange questions, alluding to possible smuggling operations.
            They appear suspicious.

    Plan B:
        Investigation, at Fisher's Hall


2019-01-06

Finances
   For now, tier is covered through the 15th, maybe through end of month. And all our ads are paid up.

Southern as Companion home
   Our new Companions members needed a place where they could have been living, unnoticed, since before the Second Crossing. They have decided on an inland chunk of Southern near the old Honshu allotment or so. They're thinking of a cliff face Hold facing a lake. The sky islands at 3500m over the east end of the island are to be redeveloped into Southern for them. Anyone who has prims in '3500' should Take them right away, lest they be lost in the rebuilding. The mountains and old shops are scheduled for demo potentially even sometime today, so you might want to hurry.
   Melissa Mistwalker will be back, as maintenance lady of Gianfar.

RP time
   Our European members would like the time to be adjusted to be more "Euro friendly." We discussed either a move forward (½ or full hour) or shortening RP from 120 to 90 min (with possibility of continuing for 120). Dutch asked: "If people would - at their convenience over the next week or two - just send me a notecard with their thoughts on shortening RP, or moving it forward - I'll collate the info and report. Comment via NOTECARD, please - easier to gather data, that way." Vee is open to whatever works best, and can even shift class if necessary.
   
Altney Court
   We'll call the newly decorated floor of the Hold that unless someone comes up with a more popular name. That floor is two levels below the Conference Chamber, one below the bridge to the Dome.

Turnover Gather
   Dutch's friend Cysop has agreed to DJ for us this afternoon. So:
The Turnover Party
Starting Point: Altney Court, colloquially Downbelow (Kuma (37,129,65))
Starting Time: 14:00 SLT
    Plan A:
        Turnover Party
        Singing and Dancing
In and Out of Character - invite your friends


2018-12-23

(Not an official meeting as Vee wasn't present.)

Finances
   Presumably unchanged except, one can hope, for the better since last week.

RP - Keeping to the idea of light RP during the holiday season.

RP:   Colin's Convenience
   (name taken from "Kim's Convenience," a TV show about a Korean family running a convenience store)

Starting Point: Kuma (57,129,90) (Lower level of the Hold (2 levels below council chamber) - "Altney Mall")

Plan A:
    Continue populating the lower level 'Altney Shopping Mall' in the Hold

Plan B:
    After-action review on the Great Gianfar Hunt


2018-12-16

Finances
   Vee: "Tiers up to now are paid, all that's left for this year is the Full sims, due on the 28th. Money remains tight, but I have *two* final interviews, both of which *should* fall this week. So hopefully next week I'll be telling you I have a job and we'll be out of the woods, again."

Turnover
   Sketched the idea of a semi-OOC party/dance in the Hold for Sun, Jan 6th.  

RP
   Welcomed Sorana & Brittany to the RP Planning meetings. Discussed ways to have a backstory rationalizing a previously unknown group of people making contact with Gianfar.
   RP - "I'm hunting wherries....."
    Starting Point: Landing Point on KUMA http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kuma/103/179/83
Plan A: Run thru the HUNT
Plan B: (tbd)
 

2018-12-09

Finances:
   Vee: "Just where they were last week, except I have one, possibly three, maybe four final interviews this week."

Turnover party
   To be scheduled when enough people are around.

RP: Hold for the Holidays
   Starting Point:   Runner Race Course
   Start Time:   2:30  (starting late due to overlap of other events)
   Plan: Evaluate the Runner's Course setup and see what to reconfigure/take/leave
[Gather market area is in the process of being cleaned out.]

The RP Plotters will consider this suggestion:   Given that so many groups are doing things on the weekends during December, we might look at light role-play for the remainder of the month.   That can give us time to enjoy those things and folks will be busier and busier anyway.


2018-12-02

Memorial
   Vee: "Big thanks to all of you who came out for the memorial last week. It meant a lot."
   Liriel: "It was a better memorial than usual. I loved it."
   Dutch: "Thank you for scheduling & organizing it, Vee."

Finances
   Vee: "Remain just where they were, meaning this month is covered. I'm talking to 5 or 6 (I lose track) different companies, and have second-stage interviews with some of them this week."

Responses to Threadfall
   Vee's written a script that we can use to appear & disappear covers on the outdoor stalls. She then rewrote it, so it became a pair of scripts. One to be triggered at fall start & end, one to do the work. So now it can be used to close shutters & disappear objects. Then she rewrote it again, added an optional delay... so, for example the Hold shutters should come down at the first alarm, but the Hold main doors should close much closer to the leading edge. Her plan is to release those scripts in the next few days, including instructions for anyone who wants to roll their own effects. Shutters & doors are just regular door scripts with an extra event, and the appear/disappear scripts are even simpler. She's future-proofed the 'alarm' script so she won't have to redo it everywhere when the next version of Thread rolls out. She may still want to replace it, but not for 6 months, and she'll add it to the updaters, like Dragonbreath.

Market stalls in the Hold
   Vee: "2 floors down from here is the original Hold main entrance. Wyn pointed out to me that we'd planned - and even started - to use that as a location for minor crafts. Makes sense that that's where the internal market would be. Wouldn't want those bubbly pies getting cold on the way from the bakers. It's a lot barer than when it was the main entrance, we took out most of the furniture when we moved that up a floor. But it might be where goods and traders first enter the Hold. Minor crafts - weaver, tanner, baker, any lesser indoor craft - Minor used to mean 'any craft without enough members to justify building a Hall' - could set up there."

RP:
   A Hold for everything and everything in a hold
Starting Point: Main Landing Site (Dome) Kuma (103,179,83)
Plan A: Explore the hold for places to move the gather market indoors
    explore interest in further sets/stages
    Inventory booths & owners (both IC and OOC)
    clean/partial clean of the gather square (during the week - OOC)
Plan B: Work on the Great Gianfar Hunt
 
Report on alliance with Whole Brain Health
   (Vee: As a reminder: going back to the start, Gianfar has a policy of sending notices supporting our players' businesses and charities, and cross-posting notices in allied groups - for us, that's usually Wyrms and PHT.)
   Liriel: "It started when Una asked me to ask WBH to come to the story circle last Sunday. I checked with one of their leaders to ask permission, and she suggested that we exchange permissions so that each group could post 'cross group posts' in the other group. I asked Vee and she said she was 'open to it.'  It turns out Tooyaa, the leader I spoke with, has read Anne's books and is enthusiastic about the idea. She'd even like to see Pern things happen on Inspiration Island, where WBH is - like the Companions performing here. So I guess the next thing is for Tooyaa and Vee to talk and find out how to set this up. I'm sure both groups don't give notice privileges to everyone. WBH is not a roleplay group, so they can have anything there, and do. So, for example, we could hold story circles there."


2018-11-25

Finances
   Still good for another month.

This SL afternoon
   1:30pm SLT in the Weyr Bowl in Shaula: OOC memorial and keening for Anne
   2:00pm SLT in Fishercraft Hall in Kuma: Story circle, visitors welcome

Gather cleanup
   Discussed how much of the Gather area ought to be kept, how much ought to be preserved to be dropped into place for the next Gather. Discussed having slate roofs that would protect the outdoor stalls from Threadfall. Discussed having the people (statues) in the Gather area take cover (become invisible) during a Fall. Started to discuss having some stalls inside the Hold.


2018-11-18

Finances
   Vee: "Finances continue ok, and I'm interviewing in <counts on fingers> 4 places. but it's Thanksgiving week in the US, so don't expect any major updates this week."  

Gather
   Congratulated ourselves that 5 or 6 people (especially Una, Ardrhys, Liriel, and Dutch) put together activities that drew guests from 5 other groups over a 10-day run. Dutch and Jade have Flickr pics of the Companions' performance. Dutch has the Callahan's PERN AND OTHER DRAGONS trivia on a notecard - just ask him if you want it. We're sending Notices of the play (2 pm SLT today; at Tyl (47,46,24)) to the Groups that have participated so far: Breakfast Club, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon, Companions' Guild, Isle of Wyrms, and Pandora Home Tree.  

RP
   Discussed creating things for people to do during the week, possibly related to the weekend's RP. Ardrhys is creating a Hunt which introduces people to about two dozen places around the island.


2018-11-11

Finances
   Vee: "Finances remain... stable. I'm interviewing, and my final invoices got paid, so we're good through December."

Gather
   The opening ceremony was held yesterday afternoon. Today opened with a Breakfast Club gathering on the Kuma dance floor. Big thanks to txep'ongokx (jAde) for setting up that event!
   The "Brave Gyoreth" play will be presented during our usual RP time (2pm SLT) today and next Sunday.
   Tuesday is open, so far. The race courses are available all the time - in Tyl for foot and runner races (with steeplechase jumps now) and high above for dragons.
   A story circle may be held at TBD place(s) on Wednesday the 13th with morning (time TBD) & evening (5:30pm SLT) sessions. Wednesday is designated Dolphin Day, so the circle may be held on a dock; dolphins tell good stories. (Hint to dolphin players!)
   The Companions Guild (from "Firefly") will be here to do a tea ceremony & dragon themed poetry and fan dance on Thursday the 14th at 6-7 pm SLT.
   The Callahan's Crosstime Saloon group will have a PERN (and other dragons) trivia contest on Friday night at 17:30 (5:30pm SLT), probably in one of the unused weyrs. Winning means writing questions and hosting the next week - so there's that down side.
   The Hatchie "raid" will occur on Saturday the 17th at 1pm SLT.
   We could hold a firelizard hatching; those are especially popular with IoW folks and new Gianfar members.  
   The last day of the Gather (with closing party and fireworks) is Tuesday the 20th.

Memorial service
   The annual memorial service for Anne McCaffrey will be held on Nov. 21 as usual.


2018-11-04

Finances
   Vee is looking for a job again, preferably with a client that pays invoices on time. "I'm already interviewing, and tier is covered - as long as they do pay my outstanding invoices."

Gather planning
   We had visitors whom we'd invited, from the Companions' Guild ("Firefly" TV series and "Serenity" movie). They were quite impressed and are planning to hold a tea ceremony, probably in the Weyr Bowl, on Wednesday the 15th at 6pm SLT.

RP
   Continued planning the play. Will be rehearsing today (Tyl, at the amphitheater in the southwest corner, 2-4pm SLT). We'd love to have an audience!


2018-10-28

No "business" meeting, thanks to Grid-wide login issues.

RP plotters did manage to meet:
    "The Play’s The Thing™
    Starting Point: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tyl/51/43/26
    
Plan A: Casting/Rehearsals for Simile’s play
    Overacting optional
        Cast of the Play:
            Captain (Dutch)
            Freeman  (Colin)
            Rider (Una)
            Gyoreth (Mish?)
            Dolphin (Ard)
            Narrator: Jade
    Critique of avatars/etc
    IC conversations, as child actors, etc (help with ideas)

    Plan B: More pre-Gather work
    Posters/Notices
    Stalls
    Walk through of areas


2018-10-21

Finances
   Vee: "...still good. Tier is set aside & covered for the next month. Paid all our ads last night. But please don't stop making donations or paying rent... Wink"

Rule change proposal
   In summary: the basic idea was that we could all have up to three main characters - one Holder or Crafter, one Rider, and one Dragon - without the need to create alts. (The idea behind having a rider _and_ a dragon was that people might pair up, sometimes one be the rider, sometimes the other.) [And those of us that already have the alts?] This is per account, though - because we can't have a no-undeclared-alts rule, it's unenforceable under TOS - so I suggest this applies per account.
   It was enthusiastically agreed that Ayla has PC status, "given how much character your firelizard has developed over the years". Vee will rewrite the rule so it's clearer, and add a rider so she can explicitly raise a non-human/dragon NPC to PC. Mish's canine would be another candidate.
   "The 'not playing 2 PCs at once' applies only to the same account. If Lady V wants to have a chat with Varth, she can - I can bring both inworld. But Varth couldn't chat with a (hypothetical) drudge character on the Thespian account with Varth."

Gather
   Vee: "Good news (I think), I started in on Thread yesterday, so I should be able to supply hatchie flamethrowers & a Fall-schedule-pause button next week - if I can keep it up."

Shoulder pet: mini dragon that flames
   Julianna: "Avalon's gift in the Fantasy Hunt is a really beautifully made golden shoulder dragon that roars and blows fire. AND set anyone who touches her ON FIRE. FREE. Avalon Island (212,156,26). You have to do a little "Mini Quest" but it's simple and entertaining. She comes with a HUD to change the color of the fire / turn the smoke on and off etc. That Hunt runs until the 28th."

Quarter HS available
   Liriel: "I'm thinking of leaving the quarter homestead I rent from Wyn, but I need to find another renter. I always offer to Gianfar first. The rent is the same as the tier, so that's as cheap as you can get it off the mainland. IM me if you're interested, or send a notecard if I'm offilne."

RP: This is like herding felines!

Starting Point:  the amphitheater on the west coast of Tyl - Tyl (51,43,26)

Plan A: Casting/Rehearsals for Simile’s play
    Overacting optional
        Cast of the Play:
            Captain (Dutch)
            Freeman  (Colin)
            Rider (Una)
            Goyreth (Mish?)
            Dolphin (Ard)
            Narrator:
        Critique of avatars/etc
        IC conversations, as child actors, etc (help with ideas)

Plan B: Furtherance of plans/plots for the gather
    Advertising posters
    Anything else needed for the stalls?

Cast of Characters:
    Harpers:
        Ardhys
        Liriel (Simile @ 14:30))
        Una
    Dragons/Riders:
    Trader:
        Colin
    Weyrfolk:
    Holders/Crafters:
        Shanna (Fisher)
        Theman (Beast)


2018-10-14

Finances
   Finances are still good. Tiers should be covered for this month. HS's are due tomorrow, and as long as Vee's pay has cleared they'll be paid.

Gather planning
   Gather grounds look good, runner course awaits final check this afternoon, decided not to use the '3500' gather grounds, play's close to alpha test, PHT has moved their Sunday-morning meeting so as to not conflict with our opening.

RP: The Gathering Threads (at 14:00 SLT)

Starting Point:: Council room (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kuma/57/128/90)

Plan A: Gather Planning (semi IC/OOC)
    Runner course
    Check on the play and required resources. (run thru)
    Dragon course (working order?)
    Other gather areas (check)
    Tour routine routes
    Marketing administrivia (posters for events, timelines, etc)

Plan B: Jade's story - leaving the hall for Firelizard Island


2018-10-07

Finances
   Vee: "Still good, I've been working almost 2 weeks so far and haven't switched jobs yet Smiley Second paycheck is due this week sometime. Just in time for HS tiers. Thuban tier was paid on time."

Gather
   The runner race course is looking better/readier for gather day, and we have a podium (& condiment) set out in an amphitheater for Vee's RP Basics class. She'll be moving that class here for both Sundays. Advanced classes will only happen if she gets lots of time and/or another willing teacher... neither seems likely. Liriel might be talked into teaching improvisational theater as applied to RP - such as building & maintaining a conversation.

RP team meeting
   Meeting's been running long & taking some time from the general meeting. We'll try starting at 9:30 instead of 10:00 SLT.

Rule changes
   Beginning to get ready to prepare to discuss this, maybe next week. The URL is http://www.novipeaks.com/public/index.php?topic=546.msg2308#msg2308

RP planning
   RP: 20181007 - Hold Abbey
   Starting Point: Arriving at the landing at the top of the stairs near Weaver Hall.
Kuma (8,148,90)
   Plan A: Gather planning team to meet in the hall, have a tour and a meal and plan for possible inclement weather gather, if needed as an alternative.
   Plan B (if flits are available): Flits cause havoc in Weaver Hall, going after shiny shuttles, threads, causing general chaos.  

Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 03:30:32 PM by Colin

View Profile

*Colin

Reply #32 on: January 27, 2019, 03:35:28 PM Colin's meeting notes - book 33

  • Member
  • Posts: 63
  • Logged
2019-03-10

Daylight Saving Time
   Most of the U.S. (except Arizona and Hawaii) is now living an hour earlier, and will continue to do so for 8 months or so. "Standard" time now covers only about 4 months.
   Across "the pond," British Standard Time (BST) will give way to British Summer Time (BST) on March 31st.

Finances
   Vee: "Still stable, so far. I *think* we have the tiers on the 15th covered. And last night I paid up all our NCI ads for 3 weeks. WoRPG should already be covered for that time. Reason being, if my references check out, I'll be flying out for training at the end of this week (and if they don't check out, I need new friends! Wink )  I don't know the details yet, but I should be on the clock starting a week tomorrow. I'll be away 'a week', but don't know when the flight back will be. So if we can hang on a few more weeks, we can breathe again.. fire or air."

Reminder: RP (duration time) change -
                Effective 3 March
                90 min duration
                Start time remains 14:00 (2 PM) SLT

Liriel is giving up SL for Lent.
                As a team, and individually, we will miss her greatly over the next few weeks.
                We all also wish her well.
                Both Colin and Dutch have her eMail address, and can relay messages, if you wish to send any.

Callahan's event
   A St Patty’s Day party (It Isn’t Easy Being Green) on Friday at 5:30 PM SLT. All are welcome. There will be a costume contest (come as your favorite green, or even the love child of Kermit & Miss Piggy). Linden prizes. (Callahan's  landing Spot is Conch Republic (142,139,22)

Next week's meeting
   Vee: "If I can't make next week's meeting, I've asked Bit to take it. If she can't, either, we'll skip a week. I'll let you know later this week - or possibly at 9:55 next Sunday."

RP: 20190310 - Just click your heels together
Starting Point: Harper Hall
    Plan A: The Packing up
        We pack up Sorana and Bit for their (triumphant?) return to Bai Long
    Plan B: The Return®
        Sorana and Bit are returned to Bai Long (for store credit)
        One Dragon & Rider (two would be better), and both Southern ladies

    NOTE FOR NPC CHARACTERS
        New players (without an active {registered} character) would be considered as extras, being the people who run for others, clean up, etc. Suggested NPC background roles include:
            Apprentices (working under an established in-world Master/Journeyman)
            Healer assistants (working under an established in-world Master/Journeyman)
            Drudges
            Weyrlings (working under an established in-world Dragon Rider)

Follow Up for next week:
    The Great Gianfarian Trade Delegation and Pajama Party®


2019-03-03

Finances
   Vee: "Tiers are still up to date, although goodness knows how. <grins> We're here for another month. I renewed [almost all of] our ads yesterday."
   She's pursuing one job and just got an offer from a previous interview. "So, in a few weeks, one way or another, I should have an income and the sims will be almost as saved as the daylight."

Bit's cleanup work
   "I removed the 7seas fishing from the Fisher's Hall area and I also managed to shift the 7seas beacon object and the Novi Peaks gear vendor all the way down and over and up to the new Bai Long Covered Docks area.
   "There is a trick here I want to explain. If you have edit rights and the items are not locked.. you can shift other folks' objects across sim lines.. but they pretty much become unmovable again as soon as you put them down there.. at least they do for me. But what you can do, is shift your avatar and relog on the next sim! When you get back in, you can move those objects again. It's tedious as all get out but it can be done. So.. no more fishing on the land level RP zone. Next week.. I'll see if anything can be shifted about those bumper boats, but I don't think I actually have rights to move those so that might take a bit longer." (Vee added, "Might have to ask Soo about that.") "So.. please assist in removing OOC objects and such from the land level RP zone and let's get things corraled over in the Welcome Center or up on 3500 level."

RP start times
    Reminder: RP (duration time) change -
    Start time remains 14:00 (2 PM) SLT
        Effective 3 March
        90 min duration
    After Daylight Saving Times have finished confusing everyone, we'll probably consider moving the start time to 1:30.

Sci-Fi Con & SL16B
   Vee: "Sci-Fi Con just opened for registration. But it's not being run by the same people as before - now it's the Expo folk. Wyn & I have decided to pass on it this year.
   "And I got a notice through the SLB Performance group; seems the Lindens are taking back (at least some) control of the Birthday this year. What this means is anyone's guess, but my guess is, it's likely that application season will be late and short... and we're *definitely* putting in for a booth, when the time comes."  

 RP plan: There's No Place Like Home
    Starting Point: Harper's Hall - Kuma (128, 122, 21)
            LearnMaster Tristin's Office (2nd floor, opposite Ludo's office) (upstairs, 2 rights)
        Plan A (probably not, Sorana's out sick):
            Sorana and Bit start their journey home
            Plan for their departure, @ the end of RP
            Dragon ride, dragon fright, first trip they take tonight
        Plan B:
            We TALK about Sorana and Bit starting their journey home
        Plan C:
            If we have dragons/riders - they can 'search' for Honshu; as we probably won't, we can always have people - either riders TALKING about the search for Honshu, or non-riders reading reports on the search

    NOTE FOR NPC CHARACTERS
        New players (without an active {registered} character) would be considered as extras, being the people who run for others, clean up, etc. Suggested NPC background roles include:
            Apprentices (working under an established in-world Master/Journeyman)
            Healer assistants (working under an established in-world Master/Journeyman)
            Drudges
            Weyrlings (working under an established in-world Dragon Rider)


2019-02-24

Vee's on the road for a week
   Bit presided, as "Vee has some rl things going on this week and will be traveling... she's going to be on the road until about Fri and won't be in world much at all until she gets home."  

Finances
   Vee paid everything up last night, so in the clear for now.. keep those donations coming for the next deadline!

RP plan
   Weather was expected to keep several people away today, so we are going to do some nice low-key transitional RP that fills in our story line.
   Starting Point: Healers Hall.
Plan A: Sick room - packing and prep day, show and tell with foreign instruments/dance?
Plan B: We may hear from the Weyr about whether someone can visualize Southern coordinates.
   Starting at 2pm SLT as usual, potentially ending a little early today depending on how much fun we are having and how many folks end up showing up.
   Present goal is to get Sorana back to Bai Long Hold, to pick up the Lord Holder job that was left vacant by her parents' deaths. That could take a few more RP sessions.


2019-02-17

Finances
   Vee: "Ads are covered, but I haven't paid them yet. And for now sim tiers are covered. More news as it becomes available."

'3500' status
   Bit: "Just this week, most activity has been non Gianfar oriented... we've been teaching classes up there with great attendance.. I've done several show rehearsals... we have a reprise of our Winter show on Sat the 23rd at Noon.. and I've been asked to host a ballet troupe performance on the same day at 2pm slt. I put out games on the terraces by the bath house up there as well.  Cards Against Humanity and Greedy are out up there.. En Guard and 7seas are in the docks area...
   "I do have a question: when we originally created that platform a few years ago, we did it because we were trying to get the OOC functions off of the land level as that was to be more immersive RP. Now.. what's left undone from that original venture, would be to pull up some of the OOC prims from the land level and allow the platform space to take it's place. Is that still what we are headed towards doing?" The OOC prims include the 7Seas fishing in the Fisher/Dolphin docks, the long-unused bumper boats by the Smithy, and some things in the Council Chamber. Vee and Bit will work on that.

RP classes
   Liriel hasn't gotten an 'improv acting' class together yet. We have at least one potential student for the Gianfar Newcomer classes.

RP times/duration
   Following up from last week:
 - Majority seem to embrace a reduction of RP time from 120 to 90 minutes. If we were really into a RP situation when the 90 minute mark occurred we could agree to carry on to a good stopping point.
 - Retain start time as 14:00 SLT (2 PM SLT).
 - Suggest starting a shorter (90) RP duration on Sunday, 3 March. This is to give people time to accept, adopt and plan for the change in duration.
   Is there any interest in re-opening a 2nd RP date/time? We keep mentioning that anyone who wants to play here is welcome to get some planned spontaneous RP going, especially at "European times." .
    Impromptu RP is always welcome.
    Perhaps we could set up a website page to help coordinate RP at other times (scheduling).
    Else, just post in group chat, if you want to RP and see who shows up.

RP plans for today
   RP: 20190217 - The Days of Our Hold

Starting Point: Healer Hall (recovery room)

    Plan A:
        Start discussions as to how to get the Companions to Southern
        How will the girls return to Bai Long?

    Plan B:
        Does Bit have a relapse at potentially being left behind?
        
    NOTE FOR NPC CHARACTERS
        New players (without an active {registered} character) would be considered as extras, being the people who run for others, clean up, etc.  Suggested NPC background roles include:
            Apprentices (working under an established in-world Master/Journeyman)
            Healer assistants (working under an established in-world Master/Journeyman)
            Drudges
            Weyrlings  (working under an established in-world Dragon Rider)


2019-02-10

(This wasn't a full meeting - Vee's PC was down, and chairing a meeting from a tablet was impractical. She handed the virtual gavel to Bit.)

Finances
   Holding, but Vee still has no job.

RP times
   Dutch: "There was some more lively discussion, but still no hard and fast decision made. We will continue to bring this up, and give others opportunities to weigh in with their preferences (via notecard, please). Any decision, once approved, should be communicated out well in advance of an actual start of any new schedule."

RP plan
   "Healer Kildare"
Starting Point:
    Healer Hall 'recovery room'
    Kuma (39,33,34)

Plan A:
    Bit is in the Healer Hall, being treated, examined, observed.
Plan B:
    Sorana, mistrustful of healers, insists on quick return to Bai Long.
    Healers disagree, want her to remain in the hall for recovery.
    Someone arrives with news ....

Group gifts
   Are on the Ming Wu patio (Kuma, 3500m level) ready to be taken; there are several more in the new fishing area up in the Covered Docks.

New Player classes
   Bit: "We are still working on organizing the New Player classes again. I think we are at the point of looking at what times we should offer them. I think we should put it and the time for RP discussion smack dab in the meeting agenda for next week and nail it down to something. But I'm likely not going to wait too much longer to set it up. This is the last call for input."
   Liriel is proposing a class on improvisational acting. That's much closer to how we do RP than to D&D-type RP. Maybe she can get a guest teacher from the folks who are RP'ing based on the first chapters of The Silmarilion.


2019-02-03

Finances
   Vee: "The good news is, tiers are up to date and I renewed our ads last night." In other news, maybe Vee has a new job... stay tuned. And "I'm not going to be around much for the next week, maybe a bit longer. I *will* be here next Sunday, though, ISPs willing."  

New members
   Nakima and Ar (The Sailor), and the way we're growing we could have more applicants before I get this report published.

Founding member
   Suz (Soo Novi) attended the meeting.

3500/Southern
   Bit: "This week, I've made some yukata as group gifts and put them out on the back porch of my Ming Wu Theater. There are 10 colors I'll cycle through, and 4 are currently in the Bai Long Covered Docks Fishing area. I finished setup up there, including adding in the other GPOP 7Seas custom and some games that are "smuggler fun". We still need to discuss OOC GPOP play areas up there at some point if anyone wants to give me input. Otherwise.. you know I'll just put something in from my imagination.. fair warning!  I'm likely to add Greedy to the cliff bath house too, cause I like to play it; and I have our Cards Against Humanity to place as well.
   The folks from the Southern continent will have developed a different class structure from Gianfar's. Vee: "So I'm going to make an executive decision. No matter how we handle them IC, OOC the craft admins will be the same. So, we might have a different player playing 'MasterWeaver' in each place, but the same OOC weaver craft admin will oversee both. Individual Crafts might RP 'merging', now or in the future." The Southern folks liked that idea.

Newcomer classes
   Bit and Moira had discussed resuming those classes. Volunteer teachers and students are more than welcome!

RP time planning
   Again, to be discussed next week. We did discuss whether to play this afternoon, despite that American-football game, and decided that finding Bit was more important.

RP
   RP: 20190203 - The Day of the Finely Chopped Rodent

Starting Point: Harper Hall
    Plan A: Searching for Bit -
        Miner team in the tunnels with gangs of canines
        Dragon overflights

    Plan B:
        Finding a bit of Bit
        Taking her to a Healer for Ministrations (not Minestroné)        


2019-01-27

Finances
   Vee: "I paid all last week's bills yesterday. Coming up this week - tomorrow - is our biggest expense, the full sims, followed by Rastaban. We think we have them covered, for now." Job interviews are continuing. "So, please keep donating and paying rent - technically, all rents are due today."

3500 rebuilding
   Brittany: "Today was a big day for visitors up there as the Firefly Companion's Guild held two events on the 3500 platform. Yesterday was our official start of term and we hold a fire lighting ceremony each time. The Hold and my Theater were both locations for ceremonies, so a lot of outside folks came and toured the build up there. We found a few folks who are interested in joining in the rp, so hopefully those will begin to show up and sign up! We've installed new teleporters continent wide that include all the public Gianfar locations both land and platform."
   Vee: "There was definitely some 'I didn't know there was a Pern sim in SL!' feedback."
   Brittany: "I've put the 7Seas fishing in over Thuban in the Bai Long Hold covered dock area. I will need to test that, so if anyone wants to go fish and tell me what they catch, would love that. There is room on the beach for an OOC dance location, as we had before the rebuild. I would welcome you all to that process and let me know what part of the beach you would like to use and what all you would like to return to the OOC equipment of the space. There is even a changing room near the beach and near the cliff face bath house Wink  If you find any holes or issues with the build, please let me or my building avatar Melissah Mistwalker know. There are rooms in the Hold for settlers and others from outside our Guild... but prim allotment is something folks will have to discuss with Vee directly. Please do go check out the build! I find it best to set draw to 800+ if you can manage it, and to fly a quick rezzing circuit around all the sims once to let your viewer rez it all in"

RP time survey
   Dutch: "Follow up on RP Time discussions: 4 responses - 3 for shortening from 2 hrs to 90 min with same 14:00 SLT start time, 1 for starting 30 min earlier - all (seemingly) with possibility to extend towards the full 2 hrs, if story warrants it. I would still like to see more responses (maybe even *I* should respond to myself) but it seems to be starting a clear trend towards a shorter (planned) RP time. If any more people would like to weigh in, just send me a NC with your vote - for either the same 2 hr window, a shorter window, or an earlier window, or some combination of the (however many options there are). Please, put comments on notecards and send to me. And also, please remember, we have members in Europe and associated environs, they like to sleep as well."

RP
   RP: 20190127 - A Bit of LOST
Starting Point: Harper Hall Classroom - Kuma (208,106,40)
    Plan A:
        Bit was LOST in the tunnels behind the Rest (following up from last week)
        The rescue party is formed. Is Bit:
            Injured?
            Starving?
            Gnawed on by Tunnel Snakes?
            Run off to join the circus?
            Sleeping comfortably on a beach?
    [As Bit has a prior commitment this afternoon, we won't find her in the tunnels - so we'll give up and return to Harpers, and do Plan B.]

    Plan B:
        Further plans on sending a delegation to Honshu, to return Sorana and Bit


2019-01-20

Finances
   Vee: "Good news, tiers are paid. Bad news, because Wyn & I used some credit, so technically all we did was kick some of the tier down the road... But we can use the same credit for the fulls and Rastaban, so we're here another month. [In longer-term news, jobs are still unsettled.] So please keep donating."  

3500
   Bit: "The OOC platform has undergone quite the transformation! And it's not over yet! We've good bones down and are working on putting in some deco... we'll have to adjust for prim count after that. There are now palms on the beach, but the cliff face and the adjoining sims need finishing and there are a lack of support beams for sim crossings above the sea bed on all sims. Please do bear with us, it's a huuuuuuuge build and it's going to take some time to finish. Our 3 li sim sized mega prims exploded to 798 or so when we hollowed them to allow for the tunnels down into the Hold proper. so the beach got a little adjusting. Over Kuma, my theater is down.. more OOC event space that can be used and there will be shows that happen there. It's looking very pretty with large cherry trees on its little island. We need to see about adjusting teleports to accommodate travel up there again."

RP
   We're continuing to welcome and settle the new folks.
   20190120 - Harper Hall, SVU
Starting Point: Across the river from Fisher Hall
    Plan A:
        Movement of the gang (runner back) towards Harper Hall for:
        Further Companion interrogations
    Plan B:
        Attempted escape & recapture
        Possibly one gets away, lost in the mines
 

Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 02:50:04 PM by Colin

View Profile

*Colin

Reply #33 on: March 24, 2019, 03:45:22 PM Colin's meeting notes - book 34

  • Member
  • Posts: 63
  • Logged
2019-08-11

Finances:
   "Still good, we're here for at least another month. Paid all our bills last night."

RP: "What the FARDLES?"
Starting Point: Council Chamber: Kuma (57,127,90)
    Plan A:
        Information is received back from both draconic and ground search - no sign of the missing tithe train
        Next steps?.
            Far Cry's holder has been summoned to report to Lady Varian (not arriving, as yet)
            Initial Dragon report: Some submerged wagons found on the north side of Big Island Lake.


2019-08-04

Finances
   "HS tiers were paid on schedule, ads are up to date, we're still here for the next month."

Bit's news
   Thanks to all who turned out for her graduation party yesterday!

RP: "Gianfar Rescue 1"
Starting Point: Harper Hall Conference Room
    Plan A:
        Further trade negotiations
        Bad news arrives (from Plot B)
    Plan B (semi-NPC):
        GPoP dispatches a rescue team to help the overdue tithe train (which is NOT found)
        The advance scout from the train also disappears from the hold.


2019-07-28

Finances
   "All tiers up to date, all bills paid or covered, we're here for another month."

Party
   Bit  graduated her Companion training and is having a party: a 6 hour window for dancing and games!  Aug 3rd from 10 am - 4pm slt. Find the Notice, rez the invitation, touch the base for gifts and NC with all the details.

Applicants
   Ariel is eager to build mesh dragons. Her friend Shaddowstarr has scripting experience. Drusella might be interested in becoming a rider.  

Craftmasters
   How can apprentices advance when all our Masters have gone inactive? Vee has been the default Master and will keep approval of advancement requirements in her hands. But Seacraft needs to invent requirements, for Shanna, and Healers needs to dig out the requirements that John adapted from Harpers long ago, for Ris.
   And anyone who wants to be Master of an unMastered craft should talk with Vee. .

RP: "Oy VEY, what a trip!"
Starting Point: The HOLD
    Plan A:
        Tithe train
            Finally arriving late
            Problematic trip
    Plan B:
        Trade negotiations again
            Offers and Counteroffers.
            Exchange rates


2019-07-21

RP: "All's fair in trade - as long as you do it my way"
Starting Point: Harper Hall
    Plan A:
        Discussion on missing/late tithe trains
    Plan B:
        Trade negotiations (Southern & Gianfar)


2019-07-14

Finances
   "... are still good. HS sim tiers are due next week and are covered."

SL16B wrap-up
   Haven't had any applications since the event, which is no surprise.

RP
   Decided to meet at the Weyr, encouraging folks to use alts today just for novelty. We'll see who shows up, and pick an RP thread accordingly.


2019-07-07

Finances
   "... are still good. Tiers are up to date & covered for the next month, ads are a week in hand."

SL16B
   ...runs till tomorrow afternoon, get one last look before it vanishes.

RP class cancelled today
   ...as the teacher will be busy elsewhere.

RP:  Ad hoc day
Starting Point: Runner's Rest
    Plan A: Ad hoc day
    Plan B: Ad hoc day
If you want to develop a secondary character/alt - this would be a good opportunity.
   We assume that most people will be back in action next weekend.


2019-06-30

Finances
   Vee: "...remain good. Tiers for the next month are covered, renewed our ads last night. And I'm still being paid to work from home Wink"

SL16B
   Vee: "Today's the last day of the music side of SLB, I'll be working on the 'Festival' stage until 10pm, and then on the 'Spinmasters' stage until midnight, when we shut down. That's after class, of course... The Birthday sims will be up another week.
   "So I won't make RP this week, and whether I do next week depends on my hotel's wifi."

RP: "SLBD16 Weekend 02"
Starting Point:Smithcraft Hall (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tyl/236/150/74)
    Plan A: Ad hoc RP & chat
    Plan B: Ad hoc Chat & RP
Dutch: "Hopefully next week we can pick up regular RP - if anyone has any storylines they would like to see, please IM me or any other member of the RP Team  (Liriel, Shanna, Una, Sorana, Bit, Colin, Ard)."


2019-06-23

Finances
   Still good. All tiers & ads are up to date. Vee may miss the meeting on July 7.

SL16B
   If you remove all scripted items, cut your draw distance as far as you can, cut max avatars 'way down, cut your own complexity and your max complexity ditto, and turn off advanced lighting, you may be able to get in. Using Firestorm's Contact Sets is supposed to help. Try riding pods, using page-down to slow them. Try turning off nametag display, or setting it to display only briefly.
   Don't be shocked at the fact that the Gianfar display is a diner - the event theme turns out to be 1950.

Vee's schedule
   She won't be in Gianfar today, or much this week. She'll be teaching her RP class at SLB today at 3pm. She may miss the meeting on July 7.

RP: "SL16BD Weekend"
Starting Point: Smithcraft Hall Tyl (236,150,74)
    Plan A: Ad hoc RP & chat
    Plan B: Ad hoc Chat & RP
In SLB during what would be our RP time if anyone showed up. you might want to attend Vee's RP class. She'll have the Auditorium stage to herself.


2019-06-16

Leaders' status
   Vee is still racing to finish the Gianfar build for SL16B.
   Bit expects to be back around the start of July. Everything went really well with her hospital stay.

RP: Happy Sire's Day
Starting Point: The Runner's Rest
    Plan A: Ad hoc RP & chat
    Plan B: Ad hoc Chat & RP

We're still collecting ideas for things that folks might like to see happening in RP. If you come up with an idea for RP, do chat up Dutch, Colin, Shanna, Sorana, Jade or Bit and we will make it a topic in the RP planning meetings!


2019-06-09

Finances, SL16B, 7th Sim  
   No info, Vee presumably busy with SLB and Bit recovering from successful surgery.

RP: "Why are the waves so BUMPY?"

Starting Point: Shipboard (Rastaban) (If we have more than five and Mish, move to Etamin). Anyone who shows up and doesn't have a character yet can be crew.

    Plan A: Sorana is returning to Gianfar aboard a ship Captained by Shanna (her first command, preparatory to being named ship master in her own right)

    Plan B: Thread fall @ Sea (Imagine, due to sim limitations)

Low RP attendance
   How can we get more roleplayers? Are we RP planners doing something wrong? Or not doing something right? Are there delays in getting the Bai Long characters approved? RFL was distracting, but has just ended; SL16B is coming soon. Is it just summer? No ideas were offered.


2019-06-02

Finances
   Tiers are covered for this month, even without the reductions in the LL announcement. (But please don't stop paying rent!)

Linden price/limit changes
   Note that the changes have been changed - Basic members will still have a limit of 42 groups, no reduction, thanks to residents' protests.
   Vee: "Wyn & I get a small boost from the reduction in grandfathered tiers. Both Kuma and Shaula are grandfathered. Wyn's also going to be hit by the premium hike, but it's the first in 10 years and she'll take advantage of the chance to lock in the current rate for the next year. (I'm concierge, not premium; Wyn's concierge *and* premium.)
   Dutch: "They 'sold out' of the new style Linden homes within about 48 hours of announcing them (until they build more)."
   Vee: "Because they're on 1024m2 lots, not 512m2, and they're on mainland - or linked to it... But what sold out first, and caused a change in plans by LL, was the houseboats."
   Moira: "The second release of houseboats - 709 of them - sold out in 28 minutes."
   Vee: "They stopped building out Bellisseria - the new continent - for regular homes and added a whole new area to the east for more houseboats. Word is, the next tranche will be houseboats, too. Every houseboat comes with a dock, and it looks like - from a quick flyby I did the other day - most houseboat owners have at least one boat, which they can now use to sail to (a small part of) Sansara, or (much longer trip) most of Jeogeot. Kind of odd where they placed Belliseria, put just a few sims further east or west it could have linked up with Sansara's network of channels, but they placed it south of the Linden rental sims - the 6 sims reserved for major events. Which means they can't build a bridge from Sansara to Belliseria, and the Belliseria sailors can't take their boats to anywhere interesting in Sansara. Bet the seaplanes are having a field day, though."

Seventh sim
   Vee: "I believe Wyn intends to move the 'new' sim this week, but I don't think she's picked a name yet."

SL16B
   Vee: "SL16B is going to be taking up my time and Wyn's - she'll be building, I'll be scripting and training. Lot of behind-the-scenes changes none of you need to worry about, unless you're a serial volunteer for SLB. And, to make things more interesting, I now expect to be travelling when SLB is on, in 3 weeks."

RP
   Resuming "planned" RP in the now-standard time slot, 13:30-15:00 Sundays.
   Today's theme: Harper Hall: CSI
Starting Point: The Weyr
    Plan A: Healer supplies have gone missing. Harpers to investigate.
    Plan B: Watching for reports of delayed tithe trains... and for reports of things stolen from them, or from traders' trains... and if so, what was stolen


2019-05-26

Finances
   Bit: "Vee is still employed and tier is paid, but keep those donations a rollin' in."

SL SF Con
   Bit: "Gianfar might not have a booth at Sci-Fi con, but Bai Long Companion House does and there is a firelizard fair there." = SFC Scifi Stories (132,133,23)

Book club visit
   Liriel: "The tinies seemed to enjoy the visit, especially the flamethrowers. They particularly wanted to see the hatching sands."  

RP
   No plans, this being the last weekend of the planned 'month off' plus a holiday weekend.


2019-05-19

Finances
   "Still good, all bills up to date, and I haven't been fired yet, so we're safe for the next month at least."

7th Sim
   Waiting for Wyn to decide on the new name.

SL16B
   "Quick note on SL16B, applications for everything except Performers (I think) are closed now, we're waiting to hear if we got a booth. SL16B sims are up and should be opening to the first non-Moles tomorrow. I happen to know my RP class will be Sun June 23rd at 3pm."

Vee's schedule
   "I may not be here next Sunday. Depends on flights, I'll be travelling next week (if all goes well) and returning at the weekend.  I'll have internet access while I'm away."

RP: "Are you reading that?"
   Starting Point: Kuma Landing Point (Welcome Center)
   The Raglan Shire Short Story Book Club is invited down to interact with us during RP Time today. They would like to be shown around - anyweyr.
   Otherwise, no set routine,
Welcome Center
Council room so we can tell them where we meet
Harper Hall
Mines for a craft
Hold
Weyr
Craft
Weyrever we are at the time. - for flamers and threadfall
   IM Colin, Liriel or Ardhys if you come late


2019-05-12

Finances
   Nothing new, which is good news.

RP
   Liriel happened to overhear a book-club group discussing "The Girl Who Heard Dragons." Serendipity wins again! The folks were interested in seeing our bit of Pern. Because they're Tinies they'd be very OOC, and as we're not planning organized RP in May it seemed convenient to invite them to visit during RP time next Sunday. Several of us will be there to be hosts, guides, and enthusiasts; of course any GPoP member would be welcome. I hope we'll have at least one dragon.


2019-05-05

Finances
   ...remain good, we'll be here for the next month, all tiers are covered. End of financial report.  

RP
   There are no plans for planned RP in May, because of the planned absence of several of the players. But who knows what unplanned RP threads might appear?


2019-04-28

Finances
   Vee: ".. still good, I still have a job Smiley All tiers through May are covered at present, and the fees for moving/renaming Wyn's spare sim. I need to go pay our ads after this meeting. But don't let that stop you paying rents or anything..."  

SL16B
   Vee: "After my stint last year as a Stage Manager, I've been asked to be a Stage Coordinator this year. Which should be fun, except for anyone unlucky enough to be assigned to my team. Smiley I've also heard that the Moles will be running security directly. No news on our exhibit application yet." [The Moles are] "...LL's volunteer builders, aka the Department of Public Works. All have the surname 'Mole'. This is LL's first time running the whole Birthday in 7 years, and the Moles didn't exist back when M Linden tried to cancel it and the residents took over. So it's a learning experience." [Comment: "always thought it was done by magic and the exhibitors."] "As a long-time Exhibitor Assistant, I'm quite glad you thought that Wink One of the fun parts of volunteering for SLB is watching the whole thing come together and seeing how we hide all the problems and issues from the guests..."

RP: 20190428 - The ties which loosen those who are bound
    MAY will be an AD HOC RP month - no formal plans due to scheduled absences.
    Reminder, RP START time now @ 13:30, not 14:00 SLT.
    Starting Point: Runner's Rest
        Plan A: Ad hoc
        Plan B: Multiply hoc


2019-04-14

Finances
   "... are good. We're here for the next few months, I hope. All tiers for the next month are covered."

SL16B plans
   "Just 2 things to note. My only news about this year's Birthday is coming through the Performance group - which runs the music stages - and they've had a number of changes; no more separate teams by stages, and the SLB DJ stages won't open until after the Lab-run SL Music Festival ends, a few days into the Birthday. And the second thing is our build - which is still in the 'Wyn's Imagination' stage. I think we've figured out a way to pull it off - *if* we can find a suitably low-LI 50's diner/drive-through that will fit in a 32x32 parcel. So please, keep your eyes peeled."

New land
   "Not east or west of the Fulls, Kuma & Shaula, because we want to reserve that row for future Fulls, for a longer Fall. But that's all. South or west of Rastaban may be limited by the map, there's another sim out that way and Wyn'd need the owner's permission to place a sim within 2 sims of another owner's sim. So if there's no consensus in 2 weeks time, Wyn and I (mostly Wyn) will pick a location and get the sim moved - and named. And announce how the terraforming 'competition' will work... your chance to literally shape a part of Gianfar Wink (Without having to buy a sim first!)"

RP: 20190414 - Forget To Name This
    Follow up from last time:
        Reminder, RP START time is now @ 13:30, not 14:00 SLT.

    Vee & Wyn announced a SEVENTH SIM!
        Where would we like it placed? (not E/W of Kuma/Shaula)
            North or East of Tyl?
            South or East of Thuban?

Starting Point: The Weyr Bowl

    Plan A:
        Renewed tales of minor things going wrong
        Slides and potholes on the roads
        Fouled irrigation canals

    Plan B:
        Tithe train is delayed, coming down from up north (west) way.
        Slowly increasing number of transients coming down into the main Hold Area (southern part of the island)

NOTE FOR NPC CHARACTERS

    New players (without an active {registered} character) would be considered as extras, being the people who run for others, clean up, etc. Suggested NPC background roles include:
        
        Apprentices (working under an established in-world Master/Journeyman)
        Healer assistants (working under an established in-world Master/Journeyman)
        Drudges
        Weyrlings (working under an established in-world Dragon Rider)


2019-04-07

Finances
   Bit: "Vee has a job and we are paid up, but keep those sim donations coming please!"

Pern Day Party 'Till You Drop Marathon
   Bit: "Today we celebrate Pern Day commemorating Anne's birthday up by the Southern Cliffs Bath House.. so pack suits and beach wear and bring your friends.. it's OOC and there is no dress code but the sim's Maturity rating."

RP
   Remember that next week, and continuing forever or until we change it, RP runs from 13:30-15:00 (1:30-3:00pm) SLT. We've been chatting about upcoming plot lines... the Return of Veekar is imminent.

Shortest meeting ever
   11:07 to 11:16

SL16B
    Vee: "Applications are open - and we've applied! This year is 'sweet sixteen', and LL - who're taking charge of the Birthday again - have asked for a 50's theme. Therefore... " [see Group Notice]


2019-03-31

Finances
   Vee: "I'm still employed, payday is this coming week, so, finances are good."

RP start times
   Dutch: "Four out of four people are good with moving the time earlier, split 50-50 as to 30 min or 60 min earlier."
   Vee: "And we are unanimous in that... Then let's move it half an hour earlier. If that works, we can see about moving it another half hour earlier. And we'll start this week, since we're doing Gather prep instead of RP so anyone arriving late will still be put to work."

RP now at 13:30 SLT
   NO RP Today - assist Bit in setting up for Pern Day in the "upstairs" Gather Grounds: Shaula (146,132,3531).

Next week: Pern Day
   Celebrating Anne’s birthday, 12:00-20:00, with four DJs


2019-03-24

Finances
   Vee: "Are surprisingly good. Sim tiers are up to date, by a miracle or three. I paid up all our ads last night. And I've been employed for a week now! So, tiers are covered for the next month. We're still here." And she may now be around during the weeks.  

RP times
   Follow up from last week - reminder - send Dutch a notecard with your thoughts on changing the RP START time to 13:30 or 13:00 SLT - decision to be made @ next week’s meeting. Don't let that stop you RPing at other times!

Pern Day
   April 1st is also the day after our friends on the east side of the pond are hit with Daylight Saving Time. So we'll celebrate Pern Day on the 7th.
   It seems that we'll be able to get some DJ's for a party (we've already recruited a couple)... and our Pandoran friends... and possibly some Companions... and other dragon groups... a hatchie raid from Isle of Wyrms?... lasting 6 hours minimum, maybe noon to at least 6, maybe 8 SLT.
   We'll use the cliff-face baths in Bai Long; the view up there is great...and there's lots of room.

SL16B
   Vee: "If you've been paying attention, you'll have seen the Lindens put out two notices (so far) on their blogs. So we have dates - but no timetable, yet, or any idea how this LL-run SLB will differ from the Resident-run ones. All I can say is, we're not going to miss it if I can help it. Wink"

RP for today: "A Bit of Bai Long"
Starting Point: The Weyr Bowl
   Bit is going in as Sorana's rep while Sorana settles in as Lady Holder. (And while Sorana's player deals with First Life.)
    Plan A: arrive back (at the weyr), and unload Bit, and then 'discuss' setting up a trade delegation, etc.
    Plan B: And that can always be interrupted by news of the latest disaster, etc.

Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 02:33:41 PM by Colin

View Profile

*Colin

Reply #34 on: August 18, 2019, 02:24:36 PM Colin's meeting notes - book 35

  • Member
  • Posts: 63
  • Logged
2019-08-25

Finances
   "...still ok, here for another month, etc..."

Bai Long news
   Vee: "Bit and Sorana have left the Companion's Guild, so there's no more Companion association between our 3500 builds and the Guild. Discussions about why they left are *not* suitable topics for GPoP chat or meetings. Companion-related material has been removed from the build. Gianfar loses nothing, no backstory revisions."
   Sorana: "We are still there on Southern and we are still Bai Long and still Oriental themed."
   Vee: "Gianfar will be sponsoring Ming Wu, going forward. That's the theatre."
   Bit: "We'll be doing some more over there - and IC'ly, Ming Wu will end up our set for Southern Harper Hall. And Ming Wu needs performers! So if you like what you see.. please do poke me if you want to come play. We need everything.. front and back of the house."

RP: "Salient Points - Agenothree and A Holder Reacts"
Starting Point: The Orchard in Tyl (Tyl (61,52,24))
    Plan A: Investigate why the Agenothree tanks seems to be damaged/missing during a recent threadfall, causing damage.
    Plan B: Lady Varian (or her Minion) reacts as to why Far Cry's Holder STILL hasn't appeared for an interview
    Plan C: Wing It


2019-08-18

Finances
   "still good, all tiers covered, HS tiers paid on time. Need to pay our ad bills today."

RP: "Fardles, again"
Starting Point: The HOLD Council Chamber http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kuma/57/127/90
    Plan A: Sorana demanding more in return for trade, as trains seem to get lost in the north
    Plan B: Continued silence from Far Cry.
               No response to drum or flit messages,.
               Drugged guards are interviewed after recovery (reports or generic  - angry, but know very little)
               Further reaction/plans based on last week's reports
               Last week's reported injuries

Last Edit: Today at 03:05:46 PM by Colin

View Profile

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Endar template 1.0 © www.Endar.org - Images & Content copyright of www.GianfarPeaks.com.

TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines