Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jnovipea/public_html/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Unread Messages
L*
Gianfar General

Rules
     Summary
     Visitors
     Estate and Sim
     RolePlay
     Dress
     Website Rules

About The Peaks
     Roles
     Rentals
     Notices
     Events
     Story Lines

Dragons of Pern
     About DoP

Friends & Associates
     Grendel's
     Isle of Wyrms
     NCI

Helpful Toys
     Time Zones

* Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Sunday Meeting notes are here!

Know something we ought to talk about? An idea, a suggestion, a complaint... add it to the Agenda thread, or contact Vee inworld. Even if you can't make the meeting, we'll discuss anything relevant. (And usually a few things that aren't.)

Recent stories:

Some items may be for registered players only, sorry

Login with username, password and session length

Topic: Unread Messages  (Read 4024 times)

Pages: [1]
Print

*****Varian

on: July 20, 2008, 04:51:16 AM Unread Messages

• Administrator
  • Varian - expect anything...
Maybe I'm missing something, maybe it's my browsers... but didn't we used to be able to get to 'Unread Msgs' all the time? Now it seems only to be there if I'm writing a message...

- Varian
Lady Holder Gianfar
(Pern geek, etc.)
"We are everywhere, for your convenience." - Psi Corps, Babylon 5

View Profile

*****Soo Novi

Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 08:34:58 AM Re: Unread Messages

• Administrator
I still have it all the time varian.  have you cleared your browser cache lately?

“The more you love, the more you can love—and the more intensely you love.  Nor is there any limit on how many you can love.  If a person had time enough, he could love all of that majority who are decent and just.”  ~ Robert Heinlein's character Lazarus Long

View ProfileWWW

*****Varian

Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 01:02:35 PM Re: Unread Messages

• Administrator
Geek here - cache gets cleared all the time, given what I subject my browsers to...  Smiley I'm running Firefox 2 & 3, and they're both missing the sidebars; but I just pulled up IE6 & 7 (the things I do for Gianfar!) and there they were - so it's probably an MS thing. I may poke an HTML lint at it later, see if I can figure out what's up. In the meantime, I'm setting Firefox to use the IE rendering engine for gianfarpeaks.com.

- Varian
Lady Holder Gianfar
(Pern geek, etc.)

View Profile

*****Soo Novi

Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 05:59:43 PM Re: Unread Messages

• Administrator
Geek here - cache gets cleared all the time, given what I subject my browsers to...  Smiley I'm running Firefox 2 & 3, and they're both missing the sidebars; but I just pulled up IE6 & 7 (the things I do for Gianfar!) and there they were - so it's probably an MS thing. I may poke an HTML lint at it later, see if I can figure out what's up. In the meantime, I'm setting Firefox to use the IE rendering engine for gianfarpeaks.com.

You do realize there are two little up and down arrows in the upper right of your screen marked L and R, and that they will explode or reduce those sidebars, yes?

Well, think it's just L for the forums, but you get my meaning.  I use firefox pretty much exclusively.

“The more you love, the more you can love—and the more intensely you love.  Nor is there any limit on how many you can love.  If a person had time enough, he could love all of that majority who are decent and just.”  ~ Robert Heinlein's character Lazarus Long

View ProfileWWW

*****Varian

Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 04:53:55 PM Re: Unread Messages

• Administrator
You do realize there are two little up and down arrows in the upper right of your screen marked L and R, and that they will explode or reduce those sidebars, yes?

Well, think it's just L for the forums, but you get my meaning.  I use firefox pretty much exclusively.

No, I didn't <goes clicking>... but they haven't done anything for the sidebars. Did open the news box & give me an 'unread messages' link, though - so I probably found the buttons at some point in order to close that box...

- Varian
Lady Holder Gianfar
(Pern geek, etc.)

View Profile

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Endar template 1.0 © www.Endar.org - Images & Content copyright of www.GianfarPeaks.com.

TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines