Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jnovipea/public_html/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Practice Hold RP - Petitions
L*
Gianfar General

Rules
     Summary
     Visitors
     Estate and Sim
     RolePlay
     Dress
     Website Rules

About The Peaks
     Roles
     Rentals
     Notices
     Events
     Story Lines

Dragons of Pern
     About DoP

Friends & Associates
     Grendel's
     Isle of Wyrms
     NCI

Helpful Toys
     Time Zones

* Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Sunday Meeting notes are here!

Know something we ought to talk about? An idea, a suggestion, a complaint... add it to the Agenda thread, or contact Vee inworld. Even if you can't make the meeting, we'll discuss anything relevant. (And usually a few things that aren't.)

Recent stories:

Some items may be for registered players only, sorry

Login with username, password and session length

Topic: Practice Hold RP - Petitions  (Read 9648 times)

Pages: 1 [2]
Print

*Damaris

Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 07:09:41 AM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

PS. Next time, leave him a piece of raw steak and a slice of bread, and let him figure it out for himself..

Actually, he's a fully trained chef  and he's better at cooking steak than me Embarrassed

I'll try and make 9pm on Saturday though  Smiley

Damaris
View Profile

*****Varian

Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 02:48:33 PM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

• Administrator
  • Varian - expect anything...
PS. Next time, leave him a piece of raw steak and a slice of bread, and let him figure it out for himself..

Actually, he's a fully trained chef  and he's better at cooking steak than me Embarrassed

Then he can cook his own!   Cheesy

(I'm strictly a 10-minute cook; give me boiling water, a preheated oven, and ten minutes in a decently-equipped kitchen, and I'll either have a meal ready or in the oven - and nothing from frozen except maybe the veggies, or the ice cream in my souffle omelettes. However, real chefs, prepared to spend hours in a kitchen just to make one course, still amaze me.)

I'll try and make 9pm on Saturday though  Smiley

Look forward to seeing you there!  Smiley

I'm about to run out of time for scheduling daytime (SLT) RP on weekdays, but I will try to set up one more, noonish, on Monday or Tuesday. After that... well, I still need a Headwoman, and if she happens to be good at RP and available on UK time...

Cool

- Varian
Lady Holder Gianfar
(Pern geek, etc.)
"We are everywhere, for your convenience." - Psi Corps, Babylon 5

View Profile

*****Varian

Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 05:59:49 PM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

• Administrator
Ok, time to schedule some more practice RP - just 'cos those of you who turn up are getting good, doesn't mean I'm going to let anyone else escape...  Cool

Try this...

Tuesday:
1pm SLT (9pm BST)
6pm SLT (9pm ET)

Thursday:
1pm SLT
6pm SLT

Saturday:
1pm SLT

I can also schedule a 10am (6pm BST) on Tuesday or Thursday, and I'm open to running a late-night (SLT) RP, say around 9pm SLT Friday (2pm Sat in Sydney, I think) for those unfortunate enough to inhabit the Antipodes. (Just kidding!) But I'll only do this if people ask for it, here or inworld. After this week, no more daytime (SLT) sessions run by me, I'm afraid. (Cries of "Oh no!' from the audience... please! )

And on Friday... I'd like to run our first live Hold RP. This will be restricted to players who:
(a) have character sheets (PC or NPC) which they've given to Nekome...
(b) are ready to play those characters...
(c) post here to say you want to play...
(d) ...and at what times you'll be available.
(Note: not restricted to Holders - dragons, dolphins, runnerbeasts, crafters, etc., all welcome!  Cool )

If there's enough interest, I'll schedule a time/times and we'll figure out a scenario.

We have a serious Hold RP coming up, in conjunction with the Weyr & others, and prior to the Gather... I'd like to get a little practice in first!  Smiley

- Varian
Lady Holder Gianfar
(Pern geek, etc.)

View Profile

***Nekome

Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 06:12:25 PM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

• Sim Officer
Varian, I'll be happy to check this Thread on Thursday for you and run it against my background files, so you know who is trying to slip by with no sheet. Cause thats a no no.
For those people who don't have a sheet yet. I can make time for a character creation sheet, and/or an intro to rp class IF its wanted. I don't know what time the most people could get to, but I'm flexible, and will make just about anything work as long as I know in advance. I stopped the classes before when people stopped coming, that was 3 months and about 100 members ago, so it may be time. Let me know if you would  Smiley

From the Weyr and From the bowl, Bronze and Brown and Blue and Green,
Rise the dragonmen of Pern,
Aloft, on wing, seen, then unseen

...Nekome

View Profile

*Saentina

Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 06:51:56 PM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

I'd love practice RP, and a character sheet.   Smiley

I'm not sure what SLT is, but I'm usually free in the evenings, 5 - 9 PST.  And all weekend, generally. 

Thank you!
View Profile

**Riss

Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 06:55:13 PM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

• Gianfar Resident
  • Riss Altman
I am defintiely up for a live rp on Friday - especialy if it is at a euro-friendly time. I will also aim to make at least 2 of the practices.
Riss

Riss [Altman]
rider of beautiful green Janseth

View Profile

***Nekome

Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 07:08:47 PM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

• Sim Officer
SLT = SL (second life) T (time) I'll go ahead and make up a place for people to pick up charater forms, that should make it easier than everyone trying to pass them out.

From the Weyr and From the bowl, Bronze and Brown and Blue and Green,
Rise the dragonmen of Pern,
Aloft, on wing, seen, then unseen

...Nekome

View Profile

*****Soo Novi

Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 10:16:26 PM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

• Administrator
SLT = SL (second life) T (time) I'll go ahead and make up a place for people to pick up charater forms, that should make it easier than everyone trying to pass them out.

SL is in San Francisco.  SLT is California time.  Left Siders.  Pacific timezone

“The more you love, the more you can love—and the more intensely you love.  Nor is there any limit on how many you can love.  If a person had time enough, he could love all of that majority who are decent and just.”  ~ Robert Heinlein's character Lazarus Long

View ProfileWWW

***WendyFoxchase

Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 11:09:46 PM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

• Sim Officer
Lady Varian, feel free to convert the woman in red to a character to give to somebody, or whatever. I hope to be too busy being a wingleader to play a lost/kidnapped/runaway girl. Although being weak and self absorbed was a lot of fun.

Life is a playground. Play!

View Profile

*****Varian

Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 02:55:52 AM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

• Administrator
Lady Varian, feel free to convert the woman in red to a character to give to somebody, or whatever. I hope to be too busy being a wingleader to play a lost/kidnapped/runaway girl. Although being weak and self absorbed was a lot of fun.

Thanks - I know how much work you're about to have  Sad I don't suppose I'll see my drudge much before the Gather, either...

Ok, I'll reuse that character, but only with someone who I know can RP well.

- Varian
Lady Holder Gianfar
(Pern geek, etc.)

View Profile

*****Varian

Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008, 10:28:55 PM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

• Administrator
I did consider cancelling the RP session set for 1pm Saturday, because it now conflicts with one of Buck's two Weyr meetings. And I'd also hoped to make it a live RP session. Instead, there will now be an RP session (possibly live, but probably not, we'll see) after Buck's little announcement - both of them. We'll assemble at around 1:15pm & 8:15pm on Saturday, in the usual place - watch for a DoP group notice.

Next Saturday (23rd), however, hope for live RP - open to any non-Weyr character, PC or NPC who turns up. To take part, you must either have a non-Weyr character sheet filed with Nekome, or be prepared to take whatever NPC I throw at you on the day. (Weyrfolk needn't feel left out - this involves you, too, but I'm not organising that side.) If we can pull this off, we'll have most of Gianfar & Shaula sims (excluding OOC areas) in RP for a while... should be a good trial run!

The time? ... tbd. Watch this space...

Smiley

- Varian
Lady Holder Gianfar
(Pern geek, etc.)

View Profile

*****Varian

Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 01:46:36 AM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

• Administrator
Okay... Tuesday's session was a disaster (and my fault - apologies to all  Cry ), and Thursday's turnout was embarrassing. And we're getting close to the opening date, and other people are beginning to host RPs (I've seen some of the logs  Wink ).

There will be no practice RP on Saturday, for obvious reasons. (anyone not aware of the obvious, go poke around the forum until you find out what we're doing at 2pm on Saturday...)   Undecided

I'll hold one final practice RP on Tuesday at 6pm, immediately after Nekome's RP101 class, then I'm going to wrap it up, at least until after the Gather. Between now and the Gather, except for Tuesday's session, the Hold will only arrange live RP events.  Cheesy (But, if anyone else feels like hosting some practice RP in or around the Hold, please just schedule it with myself or Jaxx.)

After the Gather... we'll see if there's a need.  Smiley

- Varian
Lady Holder Gianfar
(Pern geek, etc.)

View Profile

**JonNielsen

Reply #27 on: January 17, 2016, 08:44:12 PM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

• Gianfar Resident
Looking for your bio... stumbled on this...

Maybe we should do this.

Have most of us take temp roles for the day... or bring in alts.

Jonathan
Healer CRAFTMASTER
Gianfar

Wheel and turn, Or bleed and burn.
Fly between, blue and green.
Soar, dive down, Bronze and brown.
Dragonmen must fly,
When threads are in the sky.

View Profile

*****Varian

Reply #28 on: February 02, 2016, 09:48:34 PM Re: Practice Hold RP - Petitions

• Administrator
Looking for your bio... stumbled on this...

Maybe we should do this.

Have most of us take temp roles for the day... or bring in alts.

Well, my bio's in the bio section.  Cool

Jaxx and I did run 'petition days' for a while after opening day, as I recall. Very few people turned up. I wouldn't mind running 'practice' style RPs again, we had some very good scenes, which sometimes fed into the live RP. But we had a much larger population back then. And even so, 'practice RP' would often be Jaxx, me, and a few regulars (which was ok by me, I was a noob at SL RP back then, too; half the idea was for me, the junior admin, to learn by example, from players like Nekome and Jaxx and Wendy - didn't actually expect to teach the stuff I was learning...).

Let's discuss this, see if there's a demand for 'petition days' or 'practice RP' again. Could be a way to show off some of the venues we're not using, at least.

- Varian
Lady Holder Gianfar
(Pern geek, etc.)

View Profile

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Endar template 1.0 © www.Endar.org - Images & Content copyright of www.GianfarPeaks.com.

TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines